Saturday, March 26, 2011

Tie Dye Blanket Project!



This was the first time attempting to make an 8 pointed Mandala! I thought the before and after pictures would be fun to show everyone! 

This twin size bed blanket took a lot more time, and dye than I had anticipated. It took me about 1.5+ hours to dye just one side of the project. Thats not including the time it took to refill bottles, or tie the project. Using over 8 different colors of dye and many refills I am excited to see how the blanket turns out! 


I normally tie dye these larger projects with my fiance, Paul. Although my eagerness to want to make a mandala blanket led me to do it without him. After working over 5 hours on this project I was relieved when Paul came home and was able to help me finish this piece! This size of a project defiantly flows better with two people, now I know.

I now have a new appreciation for why tie dyer's sell these mandala designs for a pretty penny! There is a lot of time, energy, dye, and love that goes into making these larger tie dye projects!!!

Now, for the final result...
Our new tie dye blanket! 
Tie Dye Blanket!
So the 8 pointed mandala did not come out in the center. Although, you can see that is was cut in half. The two points almost connect in the center, and the middle of the star can be found at the top and bottom of the bed. Still cool though, right? 

We think so! Not bad for a first time. Now I know to fold it the opposite way I did last time. The center of the blanket reminds me of those brain scan images, and I love the colors! 

No comments:

Post a Comment